vendredi 7 juin 2013

Erica il Cane at FIFTY24SF..

Erica_il_cane3

Ok, first off I have to tell you that I am writing this at 37,230 feet in the air. Now that is out of the way...I just got a few images from FIFTY24SF Gallery, in anticipation of their upcoming show with Italian street muralist and fine artist, Erica il Cane, entitled, We Were Living in the Woods. A little about Erica:

Born and studied in Bologna, Italy, Erica’s evolution to gallery work has seen depictions of animals in unique, human situations rendered in Victorian-like style illustrations, etchings, and short animated films. The art is often described as imagery from a dark fairy tale, in which animals are shown within the darkness of human nature, focusing on themes of alienation, satire, existentialism. Both gallery and mural work has also been hailed as influential works advocating vegetarianism and animal rights.

This show looks so good...and it sounds like there will be murals happening near the gallery. Here is a peak from the FIFTYSF24 blog of his mural's. I am excited to see what he gets up to. I'll keep you posted. Oh, I am on my home to Boston for a week. I will try to stay on top of posts, but more likely I'll be heavy on the twitter & FB page, come find me. Are you on there?

Erica_il_cane5

Erica_il_cane6

Erica_il_cane7

Erica_il_cane2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire