jeudi 13 juin 2013

Kirsten Hassenfeld..

Kirsten_hassenfield3

I first found Kirsten Hassenfeld throughher Blueware sculptures, which reminded me of china I ate off of as a child. I contacted her and she linkd me to her latest project. Ummm, incredible! Here's what she has to say about this latest grouping:

"I have begun to look towards unwanted, existing objects as a raw material, thus yoking my interest in our impact on the natural world with my focus on the decorative. The resulting sculptures are built from small ornamental and utilitarian objects, found in thrift stores, gutters and junk drawers, literally piled one atop the other, to reveal complex symmetrical forms, reminiscent of historic turned wood and ivory tabletop ornaments. The bits of matter I employ have outlived their useful lives, and so have been repurposed. Old buttons, bottle caps, old crockery, and the like combine, their past lives in conversation. They exist in remarkable harmony, their individual identities blurred, restless objects now at rest."

See more of this body here.

Kirsten_hassenfield

Kirsten_hassenfield5

Kirsten_hassenfield4

Kirsten_hassenfield2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire